Fuengirola is located on a thin 8 kilometer long coastal strip with some of the nicest beaches of the Costa del Sol: Los Boliches , Fuengirola , La Campana , Torreblanca , Las Gaviotas … well maintained sandy beaches outlined by a long and busy promenade where residential complexes, hotels, restaurants and other services enable you to enjoy the sun and sea.
Sports enthusiasts have a wide range of possibilities in Fuengirola. Those who prefer golf, can enjoy in the town and its surroundings twenty magnificent 18-holes courses that allow to practice this specialty throughout the year.
Racecourse and other riding schools in neighboring Mijas offer excellent facilities to learn or perfect the art of horsemanship. You can also play tennis in any of the clubs in the area.
Watersports in Fuengirola have a special relevance. The coastline offers beautiful seabed that make it very attractive for scuba diving, which is possible in any of the many diving schools in the locality.
The sports harbor, located near the fishing harbor, offers modern facilities to practice navigation and other water sports such as sailing and scuba diving.
Finally, and less than 200 kilometers away, you can reach some of the main historic cities like Sevilla, Granada and Cordoba. Choosing to stay at the Costa del Sol will provide a strategic position because you can make short visits to other cities of the Andalusian geography and rest in a wonderful enclave.
But Fuengirola offers many other possibilities of entertainment for all ages and for enjoying a family holiday. So, you can visit the Municipal Zoo, enjoy an unforgettable day in your water park or walk through the Sohail Fluvial Park; a large modern leisure area traversed by a navigable canal of 800 meters. Or if you prefer, you can visit any of the cultural events organized in the House of Culture or the modern Palace of La Paz.
The superb facilities that comprise Fuengirola, such as the Castillo Sohail, the Permanent Fairground or the Palace of La Paz, enable the organization of important events that ensure fun throughout the year:
- International Festival of Music and Dance: The incomparable Sohail Castle is the home of this popular festival, celebrated during the month of July.
- International Nations Festival: At the fairgrounds, is celebrated for four days a large festive meeting where culture and tradition of more than 30 countries, offer a spectacular display of its cuisine, art and folklore.
- Beer Festival: In the Sohail Castle, in the months of July and August for 11 days, takes place this popular Bavarian party.
- The Medieval Market: Celebrated at Sohail Castle for four days in August, where you can find all kinds of products and engaging activities that make the visit a trip back in time and walk through the Spain of jugglers, artisans guilds, traditional cuisine, etc..
- In addition to the Road of tapa erótica, theaters, concerts, music, flamenco, dance, trade shows, etc.., at the Palace La Paz, sporting events from various disciplines, and a broad cultural program, including exhibitions, concerts, theater, dance, workshops …